[For some reason when I first posted this, the subject header was in Hindi, but, sadly, it went away just as inexplicably as it appeared.]
Ex and her current are trying to get pregnant and while I have not been forthcoming with the details of Speedy's and my journey, I regularly pick her brain for information. I can be my nosey self with her, and she doesn't seem to mind, which is great. So she mentioned that her current is undergoing a test cycle, a dry run as it were, with injectibles... and I am thinking, now that she mentions it, didn't a LOT of people do that? Should I be doing that? Dr. B. didn't mention that, but then again he didn't mention that pesky second surgery either, did he?
Why, I can hear you ask, don't you call Dr. B. and ask HIM. He's the one in charge, isn't he? HAHA, I respond, laughing cynically at your naivete. Clearly you think doctors have time to take phone calls from patients or respond to messages. What planet are YOU from?!
So... am I supposed to go through a test cycle? Is it mandatory, or do only certain people do it? And while we're on the subject, what other questions should I have to pepper Dr. B. with once I get 30 precious seconds of his time?
If I start the next cycle, as is the plan, that puts the first real shot back to late September, which means inseminating in October, which means I could be in Ghana during my TWW!
Not all RE's do test runs and I'm not convinced they're necessary.I've heard of them in passing here and there but I wouldn't say they're common practice.
ReplyDeleteI say, bah to the test run - do the real thing and get the party started! ( I know that is a cliche but it is all I can think about these days regarding TTC!)
ReplyDeletePS I email my doc and he is very responsive that way and I can ask whatever I want and not feel embarrassed - but I guess you have tried that?
I wouldn't do a test run. I'd get right to it. Some ppl do a test run with DE cycles and we didn't do a mock cycle then either and everything turned out just fine.
ReplyDeleteGo for it.
I never did a test run. It seems like a waste of time...and money. I think it makes more sense to jump right in. I'd rather have a cycle canceled midway through than have a perfect test cycle with no insem.
ReplyDelete