Horses, llamas and dogs, dogs, dogs. It was beautiful up there. A few days there are enough to make me question the wisdom of living in the city.
Now, back in Brooklyn it's still raining. We had one beautiful day, yesterday and I took my newly-relocated friend (who's renting my still unsold apartment) to the farmer's market to buy about 60 pounds of greens and spend $18 on king oyster mushrooms (now accepting recipe suggestions.)
It is just wonderful to have Mark here. I adore him but, like too many long distance friendships, the lack of frequent contact had dulled my memory of how much I treasure him as a person. Of course, one morning with him in the sun and it all came flooding back.
Speedy and I took him to dinner and I realized to my delight that they genuinely like each other, too. Too bad he won't work out as a donor, but I am thrilled to have him as a friend.
Photos: I am too blogtarded to figure out how to get them to load in the order I want. The car photo was on our way to VT on the ferry across Lake Champlain. The rest are all taken at my parents' place: the horse and "her" llamas (she's extremely attached to them), the llamas, the dogs in various states of bliss... and my parents walking them all.
Ahhhh...life in the country. It was great,but it always seems to be a trade off. The job market isn't all that great which makes it hard to florish in your more rural areas or suburbs some call it.
ReplyDeleteI owned a house on three acers and my neighbors were a prefered distance away.However, there wasn't the open mindedness you find in the city toward thw gay community. It was depressing and smothering. Thus my move to NYC. On the other hand I never promised I'd live here for ever:)
great pics - love the animals. Wondering if it is possible to live in / near the country and not feel like an alien - in terms of being queer of course. Let me know if you figure it out:)
ReplyDelete