Monday, June 29, 2009

Quick Q:

I started AF early (25 day cycle!); my follow-up appt is not till CD 6. Will it be too late to do a Cl.omid cycle this time? If it IS too late, is it worth spending the $$ and extremely limited amount of "material"* we have on hand on an unmedicated cycle?
Thoughts welcome and any advice gratefully accepted!

* This particular "material" is of great nostalic value, being from gf's first ttc attempts, years ago. The donor (ideal in many ways) is no longer available. It was also much more expensive per ml, given all the time its spent is storage, that the usual stuff. NOt that it makes a real difference-- we are going to use it anyway-- but I want to give it its best shot.


Never mind. It's too late. Duh. I guess the only decision is whether to use the special stuff on this unmedicated cycle or hold off for the next one.

3 comments:

  1. I was in this position once and chose to go ahead with the cycle unmedicated. I felt that a small chance of getting pregnant was better than no chance at all. HOWEVER, I wouldn't do it again. If you have attachment to the sperm I would want to go in full force. Getting pregnant on an unmedicated cycle is 100% possible but intervention with clomid does up the odds! Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering your resent uterine renovations I wouldn't gamble with a unmedicated cycle with the last sample of gf babydaddy giz.I would wait for a medicated cycle as your chances are higher of getting something.

    Don't forget frozen isn't as potent as fresh so your already climbing up hill.Have doc give you a written analysis of the sperm when thawed also.If SB has a warranty you'll need that to get your money back,plus it helps point the finger in the right direction if no pregnancy results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know my take "drugs are good".
    Especially with million-dollar sperm. They go well mixed together.

    Can't wait to see you again Friday night!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.