Wednesday, June 17, 2009

While I was out....








I know I said it in words, but here's the pictoral cliff notes version: renovation, renovation, kitten, renovation, renovation. Done.

Super, super excited for a fabulous new bfp, (the phrase springs to mind: "PufferTwins-- ACTIVATE!") and hoping that others who are still waiting for theirs will find peace while they wait...

Got my pre-surgery testing done today. When I asked the nurse why the simple hysteroscopy had to be performed under general anaesthesia, she described the procedure as "pretty barbaric"-- I kid you not. Great. That makes me feel just great!

Whatever. I am happy because all my vital were excellent: pulse, 53; BP 96/56... and the nurse said, YOU are 36?! Bless her heart. I will take it even if it just flattery. I feel pretty confident about this surgery. No cutting, so I expect the recovery time to be shorter than last time, though I am not making weekend plans anyway and am trying to do all the heavy lifting- laundry and vacuuming-- today to get it out of the way. I have a great book (Michale Pollan, In Defense of Food) and I plan on finishing it this weekend, nothing more.

So assuming all goes well on Friday and I actually wake up after the surgery, I will be set to start with IUI #1 in July! It is finally going to happen!

In other exciting news, my mother called me on Sunday, asked if I want to go to Ghana with her in November. Ummmm... YES! I haven't been exotic traveling since Nepal in 07, so I am due for a big trip. Because my then I will have either sold my co-op or Ex will have moved back in and taken over the payments, I will have the money to go. The worst-case scenario is that I will be pregnant and traveling with my mother (who I suppose I would have to tell if that were the case)...which is also kind of the best case scenario, too.

Unfortunately, gf will have to stay behind and tend to the household, but I promised to take tons of photos for her. I am looking into spending a couple of days with a chimpanzee rehab center. Scoping out future employment options for us while I am there.

All is pretty good these days. Let's hope I can keep this attitude throughout the ttc process.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! If you haven't sold your place in PS yet I know a fabulous queer realtor that's doing well dispite(sp) the economy.She owns her own business in Carroll Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- We are broking with C*rc*r@n but if your friend does co-brokes, I can set it up.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.