Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Catching up

Was it really that long I've been gone? It seems shocking.

I won't waste time with justifying my ill blogging behavior, because let's face it, probably the only one who actually noticed enough to complain was gf, who misses this apprently more candid version of the me she sees on a daily basis:

"What's up with your blog? I need to know what's going on in that head of yours!"

Ok, ok...

What happened in the last 3 months:

Sophie the beast made a full recovery and is back to her fighting weight of 110 lbs. I still outweigh her, but not by a lot. She's beautiful and when people see her goofy slobbery lovely face, they break into spontaneous smiles.

The renovation is done, complete, finished and beautiful. Gf and I now spend at least ten minutes a week on the couch (a lot for us), just admiring it:
"I love our house."
"Me, too."
"Did you clean the litter pans?"
"I will if you'll feed the dogs."


We hand-raised a teeny tiny little kitten from about 2 days old, bottle-feeding every four hours, to a real bumbling, meddling, frisky little miniature cat... and then (get ready for applause line) sent him to a new home.

We made our own beautiful mokume gane rings with our own hands and we love them.

Ex and I put our apartment up for official sale (2 BR, park slope, lovely, if you're interested.)

And I finally made a for-real follow-up with Dr. B. We're doing the blood work and maybe another HSG to see how the ol' laparoscopy came out, then going to Columbia Presbyterian when gf has some old jizz in storage and bring back daddy for unmedicated round 1 & 2. If those don't take, we'll have to order baby daddy #2 (already selected from CCB) and bring out the big guns.

**Gf: I writing this as part of the public record: come July next year, if there are no double pink lines, we call the whole thing off and plan a big trip or two and then decide how we get off this work-eat-sleep thing and do something that involves monkeys and travel for the rest of our lives.


So... onward and upward. And I am catching up on the rest of those blogs and crossing my fingers for success for all...

Anyone else find that pre-nats turn your stomach, not to mention seem to manifest primarily in bright yellow pee? I'd be happy to supplement the folic acid and B vits (as a vegetarian) but beyond that, are there any good prenatal nutrition books to circumvent the need for the nauseating supplements?

3 comments:

  1. I noticed you weren't around....but I didn't realize it had been 3 months. WOW.
    It sounds like you have had a lot going on though and I'm sorry on my part I let our plans slide. I got depressed. But now I'm better and would like to resume my normal life!

    So is July it? As in next month? That has been a long wait so I'm happy for you that you are getting back in the TTC game.

    Would love to get together! Brooklyn Pride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I cannot believe I missed the birth of Miles! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.