Saturday, August 27, 2011

Photo bonus

I know I have been lax on getting photos up, so here' a handful...

The boy is sick this weekend, woke up hot and whiny yesterday morning, feverish and crabby all day.  At 4, I took him to the doctor because Speedy is out of town this weekend and we expect the hurricane to shut stuff down... After his jaundiced debut during the winter storm that inexplicably crippled Brooklyn ("Snow? Winter?  Oh, shit...") I was not taking chances on being stranded in the house with a sick child and no way to get help.  The doctor rightly suggested rest & fluids, and his fever broke at 4 a.m. today, when he woke screaming and burning hot.  One dose of baby ibuprofen, and he slept till 9 and woke calm and cool again.

Now he is just sleeping the rest of it off while I wait for the storm after dutifully sandbagging the basement door with cat litter (hey, we'll use it eventually...) and filling the bathtub with water, the freezer with anything that would fit, the cabinets with dog food....

So without further ado:





Oh, and there's this:
Teeth: 6
Seconds he can stand without support: 12


8 comments:

  1. these are fantastic! glad the young gentleman is feeling better. wouldn't want to miss the storm of the century.

    sugar is spending part of today's inside time correcting pictures, so possibly you'll finally get some from the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!!! Glad his fever broke- hopefully he will stay calm and cool. Stay safe, fellow Brooklynites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! I love J and the evil fence. That is so major strategizing. BTW- could he be any more mobile?! Whoa. I am enjoying having an immobile lump, though your ball of fun does look super awesome.

    Hope you're faring the storm alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that fence is no match for that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is SO cute. "fence schmence, moms...it is no match for me!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those teeth! And it feels like he's suddenly got 'little kid face' rather than 'baby face' - what a character!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is too damn cute!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.