Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Dom

So.... my milk supply seems to be waning.  Today, I will be lucky to pump 10 oz., and the boy generally goes through about 14 oz. during this period.  I am considering starting domperidone.  I know some of you ladies have used it successfully.  Any suggestions?  Where do you start?  Can you get a prescription?  How do you get it filled.  [insert angry epithets about the FDA here.]

5 comments:

  1. i found it to be very effective in restoring my milk supply to where it was during the newborn period. my partner, who never had a good supply, found it less effective. LC said it works best to restore a supply vs. creating one.

    anyhow, we got it initially from our OB. they can prescribe it, but you have to find a compounding pharmacy to make it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I send all my patient's prescriptions for Dom to HM Compounding in Brooklyn. They will make it up and ship it to you the next day. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used Dom to induce lactation when Ash and I had Emma. I got it from a pharmacy out of the states. I was able to get the pharmacy info from the website www.asklenore.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It worked pretty well for me. Met with a LC and she wrote me an rx and called it in to a canadian pharmacy. takes a few extra days to get it but it isn't horribly expensive (they have a generic).

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.