I want to write about the boy because he is so stinking cute these days, but we are in the middle of a canine health crisis of epic proportions! Ozzie is home, but cannot walk with her back legs and needs drugs which make her pee pretty much constantly. The sling that we use to help her get around makes her pee before we get to the door as often as not. Since we are trying to spiffy up the place to sell, every puddle of urine is even more stress than usual. No one wants a place that smells like an animal shelter. (For the record, we are pretty persnickety about animal smells and stuff even on a normal day.) Poor Ozzie. She is in pain but is on the mend. Each day is better than the last.
Cut to.... SOPHIE, my Lolo, the sweetest giantest dog in the world who has had two knee surgeries over the winter....well, Lolo was off her food, which is unlike her, so after ascertaining it wasn't the antibiotics she was on following knee surgery #2 that were turning her stomach, I brought her in to be worked up...and she has a mass on her kidney that will require surgery.
Not to mention the small dog, who somehow hurt his toe and is hopping around on three legs (which is no less annoying than him on four legs, but just adds to the overall WTF?!?! gimpiness which has swiftly overtaken our household.)
This is the straw, I am the camel.
If things come in threes, hopefully you are all done for now. That is a lot to handle! I hope your whole family will be feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteGah! Get better, puppies three!
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck with the house sale.
Oh no, I'm so sorry things are not well with your managerie. I wish the pups strength and healing.
ReplyDeleteoh no! sophie! i want to come nuzzle her, and i've only met her the once.
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm so late to commenting on this, but what drama! Our four-legged friends sure keep us busy, huh? I hope everyone will be on the road to recovery soon.
ReplyDelete