Friday, April 22, 2011

Update on Oz

I visited Oz last night, and while she was loopy from the drugs, she was happy to see me. Surgery went well; they were able to remove most of the tumor that had been encroaching on a nerve, causing her all that pain and weakness. After recovery, her pain should be much alleviated. We still do not know what kind of cancer-- or how aggressive it is. We will find that out when the biopsy comes back. In the meantime we will spoil her as much as we can.

In case you are keeping score at home, of my four dogs, two have had major surgery in the last four months-- two knee surgeries for Sophie (who is still recovering, but doing well) and now this for Ozzie. Lucky for us, Speedy is a vet so gets a deep discount on these procedures. Lucky for them, we are committed to doing everything we can to keep them whole, happy and healthy.

I guess with this many animals, we are bound to have times like this. But it truly sucks when you can't explain to them why they hurt or why you are crying.

11 comments:

  1. Go Oz! so happy he made it through surgery ok! Hope he is up and running again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those eyes! hope she's up and running soon. and you are definitely lucky to have speedy's discount. taking care of pets is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurt animals are the worst thing ever. it's so pathetic, and you just want to make it better for them!

    Hope Oz's recovery is quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet girl! I hope the prognosis is good and she's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cutie, i hope its a quick recovery -- for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad the surgery went well. You take such amazing care of Oz and the others. Honestly, the cost of vet care is what limits us to having a cherished guinea pig (and soon another parakeet) rather than a dog. I am glad you can manage that part...it is the positive part of Speedy's job woes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I refered to her as he in my last comment! I know a boy dog called Ozzie!
    She is beautiful! Dogs are the best!
    Glad that Speedy gets a good break on all the $$$. You two are the best and I'm glad your animals have you for their people. I hope Oz really enjoys all the TLC and pampering. Thanks for the update:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this breaks my heart! :( Completely understand also. I'm a doggie mom to the fullest extent.
    Hope Oz's recovery is quick and she can enjoy all that lavished attention you're giving her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet oz! she is so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet looking pup! hope he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good thing he's in less pain! What a sweet looking dog.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.