
You will be missed.
I can't write much through my tears. Gretch was my first pet, my longest-term companion. She was with me through three cities, two graduate degrees, 12 apartments, and countless moments that I will never forget, moments that were defined and shaped by her presence in my life. She was equally patient, persnickety, persistent and cantankerous. She cowed my two 80-pound pit-rott-shepherd mix dogs and ruled our crazy household with an iron paw. Never too proud for a snuggle, though, she had a faultless ability to know when you were about to be still for a moment, and an uncanny aim for finding the softest, tenderest part of you to knead. She loved her petting sessions and would deign to allow you to scratch under her chin just so, purring in pleasure up until her last day.
I will grieve her for a long time and miss her forever.
I am so sorry about your beloved Gretch. She sounds like a wonderful cat and full of personality and guts and a true companion. I am sending you big hugs. What a great picture of her. (((take care)))
ReplyDeleteMy condolences Keely. Sounds like Gretchen had a good life filled with lots of good lovin from you. The picture is a great memorial.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about Gretch, she sounds like a special cat and a great companion. I can imagine you are missing her presence around the house a lot. She sounds like she always made her presence known!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting the photo. I'm sure if there is a heaven she'll be there terrorizing dogs or sleeping in a sunny spot.
Be kind to yourself in the next little while.
what a beautiful picture and moving tribute. i am so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteI'm in tears as I read this. I'm so sorry you lost your faithful friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, Keely. Gretchen had a wonderful life, I can tell. I know how hard it is to lose a cat.
ReplyDeleteOh Keely, my heart goes out to you. I love this photo and it reminds me to take one of my own old cat asleep on my chest. They are the best, these lifelong furry friends of ours, aren't they...
ReplyDeleteShe had a great life with you, I'm sure of it.
So sorry Keely. I can't imagine how difficult today must be. :( Hugs.
ReplyDeleteSo many hugs and lots of love.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your faithful feline's passing. You've reminded me today to not take one moment of our animals' lives for granted - they are so short compared to ours. We must cherish every minute... and then, when they're gone, keep them in our hearts and memories forever. Hugs to you today.
ReplyDeletei am so so sorry for your loss you are in my prayers
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you lost your beautiful Gretch. She sounds like a lovely cat and will be missed.
ReplyDeletepeace be with you gretchen aka gertle.....
ReplyDelete