Friday, September 25, 2009

Hate Comes to the Slope




These @ssholes are coming to my hood, to protest a synagogue (one that specifically teaches acceptance and tolerance) on the high holy day of the Jewish calendar. I don't want to waste my finger strength pointing out what is perfectly obvious about how repugnant and wrong this is, but I am hoping to borrow Ex's giant SUV and park it in front of them to block their spew.

11 comments:

  1. These people irratate me. You could always do what they did at the Matthew Shepard protests and make angel wings high enough to block their hateful signs.

    Or you could just run them over with your SUV... whatever works best for you. ;)

    I hope the gay community in your area will come together and counter-protest these bigots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were that crafty! Unfortunately, the judicious application of glitter glue is about the limit of my protest-sign-making ability.

    NYC also has strict laws about things you can bring to protests (not signs with sticks or anything that couls conceivably be used to beat, bludgeon or stab people, even angel wings).

    I had thought of just parking in front of them in Ex's giant SUV, but now that you mention it... running over them is tempting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about non confrontational yet in your face acts when faced with thes situations. For example, parading in front of them hand in hand, or kissing and smiling and waving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is tomorrow?! I kind of want to go but Chicken is worried about it stressing me out too much. I get crazy concerning these things. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do, too. I vacillate between

    -wanting to ignore them entirely and deny them the attention they so clearly crave

    -wanting to engage in flagrant gay pdas like Nutella suggests to hopefully spur them into some kind of lethal seizure

    -and wanting to collect all the dog poo in the park to hurl at them in giant stinking globs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know words vile enough for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for flagrant pda's. Engaging, entertaining, defiant, irritating to moronic homophobe fuckers, and let's be honest- hot at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I decided to go with not getting crazy! I really thought about coming out there this morning, but I know it would only stress me out.
    Did you go??

    When are we getting together?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. I opted with the Farmer's Market and not giving them the attention they want.
    Soon! Tues? Weds?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those people make my blood boil. I bet you could have gotten a lot of people to chip in to rent a 24ft U-Haul to park in front of them. The PDA and flinging dog poo are excellent ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A GR: Excellent idea! If they dare come again I will absolutely do that! As it was, they were completely overshadowed by a huge (and silent) counter-demonstration of good die-hard Park Slope progressives.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.