Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thinking good thoughts

There are a couple of people whose blogs I read avidly who are in the throes of hoping for December successes, and I am hoping with them.

With the baby-makin' still on ice (and yes, incidentally, gf & I plan to use fresh-from-the-cryolab jizzicles) and the renovation dragging on (if gf & I remember what we used to talk about before tiles and plumbing and wiring and door styles took over our converstaions it will be a real miracle) I got nothin'.

I'd be interested in compiling a list of banks people have had experience with (so far, I know of Cali.for.nia Cr.yo, Fai.rfax, and Paci.fic Something)-- more asian donors, more educated donors a plus. (And yes, I am also an elitist.)

Other than that, surviving the visit from the parents (to see the live recording of Prairie Home Companion! Cuz we are ALL dorks!) and the holidays in general (something about all those colored lights throws me into a deep funk) I am just temping (still cold-- do I have to get a special BBT thermometer or is the digital Vicks thermometer okay?) and thinking and hoping for everyone who's hoping to or making a baby right now.

Or, NOW!

6 comments:

  1. Thumbs way up for Northwest Andrology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're with the CCB and our donor is SouthAsian, not the mix you are probably looking for...
    Get a BBT thermometer at your local CVS. I think it's special.
    I love Queerstork too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name-dropping! (And thanks Travelher, you're sweet.)

    We have used now used xytex and european sperm bank. They both have only a handful of Asian donors... way less if you're looking for CMV- like we are (which is why we've gone white, sadly).

    For example:
    European sperm bank, as of this moment, has 66 donors - two are Indian, four are Chinese, and one is Vietnamese. I believe they ship worldwide if you want to delve deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I wanted to point you to http://www.spermcenter.com/

    It complies donor stats from banks all over the country into 1 search engine. Of course, then they want you to pay to see what bank the donors are from. I have found that by simply doing a google search with the donor stats myself I can usually find the donors that I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Nutella! Because the donor criteria we are *hoping* for are so specific (and I know we will have to let some of these go in all likelihood), this will be very useful. (And the $25 fee seems worth the convenience given the costs we are already anticipating.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used the sperm bank of california
    http://www.thespermbankofca.org/
    It's a Bay Area feminist non-profit. Not a huge bank, but cool and geared towards queer couples.

    I'd use the bbt temp thing. More accurate. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.