Saturday, December 20, 2008

Political dismay

Warning: abundant blasphemy below.

[Yeah, I try to keep the language clean on this blog out of respect for people who may be sensitive to that kind of thing (respect, I might add, that is all too often missing for people like me in the world, atheist, gay, female and pissed-the-hell-off.) But F*CK that now.]

What's that familiar thudding?

Oh, yeah! I hadn't expected to experience it so soon-- but, yep, that's the unmistakable sensation of being thrown under the goddamn bus again.

Obama, WTF!? I made you a goddamn pie, and this is how you treat me?

Rick Goddamn Warren?!

I say again: Rick Goddamn Warren?

He who compares homosexuality to pedophilia and incest?
He who refers to abortion as a "holocaust" and to pro-choice politicians as "holocaust deniers"?
He who preaches Christianity as a panacea for AIDS and poverty?
He who thoroughly believes that all non-born-again people everywhere are going to burn for eternity in the fiery pits of his creator's own Guantanamo?

HELLZ NO.

Don't get me wrong. People like Warren are entitled to be hate-mongering bigoted assh*les, but keep it in church, buddy. By inviting this jerk to the first and most symbolically important tone-setting event of his presidency, Obama is giving this pustule of a person completely unmerited political legitimacy and, instead of sending a message that he is "reaching out", it sends the message that he is f*cking up. Big time.

Warren is Obama's Palin. You can kinda see what he was thinking, and kinda make an argument that it might have been a good move in some bizarr-o parallel world where everyone's IQ was 80 points lower on average, but IT STINKS.

So much for going to the inauguration. I really was going to go, but I cannot bear the thought of it now.

It's not that I hate god-people (though the evangelicals and their ilk really haven't ever proven themselves to be anything but scary hate mongers... and I often wish I believed that there was a hell for them to burn in.) In fact, I LOVE spiritual people, and I don't care what you call your spirituality as long as it begins with loving and living better for you and the rest of the world.

But if there IS a god, I know it's my kinda god, the kind that thinks it's mildly amusing that people like me who swear up and down and forsake all that church bullshit and just want to leave the world a little better than how we found it, that we're the ones going to heaven while those evil awful twisted-up-mouths-and-puckered-anus, hate-mongering, mega-church-going, converting-the-heathens-self-righteous-fire-and-brimstone types are going STRAIGHT to the hell of their worst imaginings (Cheney, Bush, Warren: I'm talkin' to you.) That's my kinda god.

But I digress. This is NOT about religion, or spirituality, or a word, or a "principle". It's real. With gf and I planning on trying to have a baby and confronting things like home ownership and insurance and pension plans and 401-k plans without the ironclad legal one-stop-shopping that marriage, it is a very, very practical issue...and people like Rick F*CKING Warren don't seem to get that I don't give a sh^t about your goddamn god disapproving of all the muff-diving going on around here, I want some legal f*cking recognition that your goddaman god should have no goddamn say in.

/rant.

3 comments:

  1. Amen Sister. Well said. I don't trust Obama now more than any other politician. F*cked us indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here!!

    I don't care what those assholes believe, but it's a DAMN SHAME that social policy is based on it. Bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that!!!! I'm having total buyers remorse with obama right now.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.