I'm really losing my temper...
(Hahahah I am killing myself with bad puns lately! I apologize for all of those I may be taking with me.)
I am afraid that the temping thing is more challenging than I anticipated.
First: I'm a morning moron. Remembering to do it, to do anything at 6 a.m., is damn near impossible. I have been known to come into work with my shirt on backwards (yes, Paris and I do have the one thing in common) so suffice it to say that morning is not a time that I am doing any mental proccessing deeper than: "Pee. Coffee. Pants."
Second: I'm a cold b*tch. Despite my life-long affliction of sheet-soaking nightsweats, and the fact that gf regularly wakes me up out a sound sleep to inform me that the scorching heat I throw from my furnace-like body is making her too hot to sleep, according to an expensive new digital thermometer my temperature averages around 97.5. Which puts me in the realm of reptilian. (Hmm. parthenogenesis anyone?)
Third: I'm a sick f*ck with a sick chart. Of course I got sick three days after starting, and guess what! My temp went down further still, to 96.2 which made my chart all wonky and jagged.
Still, I'm not giving up-- I'll see if things even out in a month or two when the dog is off her meds and I am off pee-walk duty. (Though even when gf does the nighttime pee walk the temp remains quite low...)
In other news, one of my personal ttc connections, who actually recommended the Big Fertility Clinic to which I go (conveniently 5 blocks away from home) saw another gyno yesterday who referred to the Big Man at the clinic (Dr. K., who did my surgery) as "that crazy f*ck" and recommended going elsewhere if it comes to anything more complicated than being shot up with jizz and waiting for the blue line. Apparently they like to shepherd everyone through the same (expensive, invasive) protocol, regardless. Case in point: My friend went through through three months of injectibles before anyone suggested that the scarring from her [documented] history of endometriosis might be the problem. One quick laparoscopy and, boom-- she was pregnant the first try afterward.
"That crazy f*ck" kinda echoes in my mind. A little scary. Maybe I will look into a Plan B.
Temping while you're sick can throw the chart off, so I wouldn't worry too much. At this point, you are on to something--get better, have gf take over the walks and then start back up again.
ReplyDeleteWhat is Plan B? Another clinic?
Man, if there is one thing you CAN'T do, it's put everyone through the same medical protocol when trying to get pregnant. Every woman is different. Why don't doctors understand that??? (preaching to the choir, I know)
ReplyDelete