I have the blahs, despite my reversion to full caffeine coffee.
Thanks everyone who offered suggestions for getting off coffee, but I think GR is right: I am the carnivore of the caffeine world. As a vegetarian of 20+ years, I don't mess with fake meat, and I think I have to approach coffee the same way: don't even try to replace it. My next endeavor will be switching to full-caf tea in the mornings (still only 1/3 the caffeine of coffee) Because I lack the ability to appreciate subtlety, and my coffee resembles crude oil (proportion of grounds to water roughly 1:2), I will be using two tea bags in my mug. I will then-- when I am good and ready-- replace one tea bag with decaf tea. And we'll see how that goes.
Other than the caffeine titration issues, I am just full of blah. Blah weekend, blah work, blah, blah.
I went to another big lesbo wedding this weekend-- this one and 11 hour epic (with a three-hour intermission). Botanic Garden ceremony, followed by brunch, followed by a barbecue in the park. Each individual segment was lovely, but taken together, with having had to get up at 6 on a Sunday, it was a little much.
Next weekend I am taking Friday and Monday off to drive the dogs up to VT where my parents live for a few days of free romping in the country. *I'm* not going on vacation. I've just the driver. Speedy is stuck in the city, working, working. She's going through some rough times these days which is part of my general blah-ness, so I feel a little guilty leaving her, but if I were home, she'd still be out working all weekend.
If Speedytot ever arrives, one of my demands is that we have at least one full day a week off together, something that currently happens about once a month and even then is usually dedicated to going to visit her parents or going to some moderately onerous social event. If Speedytot comes, I want us to have one real family day once a week. Is that too much to ask?
Who thinks an 11 hour wedding is a good idea? More importantly, who can afford an 11 hour wedding? I think having one day off a week together is a perfectly reasonable demand. If all goes well Elizabeth will be a professor in the near future. We all know professors only work Monday through Thursday, so hopefully it won't be too difficult for us to have time off together.
ReplyDelete