So after the sperm delivery day and our much-anticipated follow-up with Dr. B. where we expected to hear, "So call us on your first cycle day next month so we can get started," instead we found out that my uterine septum was so large that its removal generated enough scar tissue to require subsequent removal, thus setting us back another couple of months while the tissue heals over.
How frustrating! I had really wanted to get down to business with the next cycle!
But I suppose this means I can enjoy the summer days (which have been unmarred by torrential rains for two days running-- a friggin' miracle this year!) with my coffee in the yard in the morning and a glass of wine at night.
And I will have the chance to take off that 5 lbs that came, unbidden, over the winter and seems to want to settle in for a while. After my nurse-mandated rest period (during which I only went to the gym once or twice a week) I am happy to at least be back on track. I would like to at least begin the whole process in the best shape I can be in.
I also know a certain lurker IRL (CB, I'm lookin' at you!) who is also looking to begin the process about the same time, so at least we will have a chance to compare notes and dissect details of trigger shot and IUI timing and frozen vs. fresh (Speedy and I may have a source of fresh jizz, pending his assent-- I don't know why we didn't think of him earlier!) and the minutiae of the process too tiresome to even blog about.
That is about as much positive spin as I can handle this early after a night coddling my big, "vicious" muzzle-wearing dog in bed because fireworks turn her into a skittish kitten who just wants to be held.
UPDATE: My potential source of fresh goods, a friend and long-ago ex, was willing to consider the proposal, but his questions (namely, about his 'parental rights', esp. if Speedy and I were to split, PERISH THE THOUGHT, etc.) indicated very strongly that it would not be a good idea.
Oh well-- onto possibility #2, Speedy's even-longer-ago ex.
Anyone have experience in soliciting for no-strings-attached dna from known sources? My very strong instinct is to disqualify anyone who views it as more than a really nice gift. While it would certainly be ideal for Speedytot to develop a positive relationship with an adult male, "parental rights" would never enter the picture in my mind.
Your woman and her uterus isn't out of the running you know. I'm jus sayin......
ReplyDeleteWell, her uterus is fine, but her eggs are off the table, so going that route-- my eggs, her uterus-- is quite a lot more trouble than we're willing to consider at the moment, though trust me, I'd delegate this task in a second if it were remotely practical!
ReplyDeleteHi! Just wanted to thank you for your nice comments. I can't believe our luck. I never really believed this would work for us-we had a plan b set in place which included lots of vacations and perhaps early retirement. We aren't out of the clear yet but I feel optimistic. I hope the next two months go by fast for you. We used a KD and he and his wife actually approached us. He doesn't have kids, doesn't want kids, just wanted to give us a "gift" We have an unofficial document stating his intent to relinquish paternal rights when our child is born. We will also have a legal document when we can do so. Good luck to you-I will be keeping tabs!
ReplyDeleteC
I know you have strong feelings about parental rights. We all do but partnership parenting is working for some lesbians and gay guys.look into it if you like at the Center. Next wednesday they meet at 6pm.
ReplyDeleteFunny to see myself mentioned on your blog! Foot surgery took place yesterday, so the nearest CD1 for us will be mid-late August. It would be nice to be reasonably healed up before I start shoving my feet into stirrups, though, so whether we start then will depend on how recovery goes. Yesterday was a breeze! Today...not so much. Good luck on your quest for free sperm - we like the bank (it's super safe legally), though it would be much cheaper, and maybe more effective, if we had our own real-life sperm donor living nearby...M's mom suggested several promising candidates from the family, but that totally weirded M out. For now, we're sticking with Secret Asian Man from California Cryo.
ReplyDelete