Sunday, October 2, 2011

So much to say, so little time- UPDATED W VIDEO

1. The Boy is officially walking. Like a drunken sailor, but walking nonetheless. (the above is from about a week ago-- he's made some improvements since then.)
2. The Boy had his first official tantrum.  Is it too early for the terrible twos?
3. Our apartment is 60% packed in boxes, rendering it unbearably cluttered and claustrophobic.
4. We move in 8 days.

Life these last weeks has been more hectic than usual; Speedy has been spending days up in MA working already, and I have been single-momming it here, no childcare.  There is still a long list of to-dos, but thanks to our newly adopted mandate (Don't list it. Do it.) we are chipping away.  Eight days to a new life, people.  I'm drinking Grumpy's cappuccinos like it my job.  I'm going to miss that most of all.

Did I mention walking? Nine months, eight days.

13 comments:

  1. wow! that sounds hectic and crazy and exciting all at once. Congratulations on the walking milestone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. walking! that is some exciting and, for purely selfish reasons, terrifying news, that is.

    do you think they make hamster balls in baby sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bionic-- It's a whole industry: http://www.bubble-ball.com/
    But is it ethical without consent? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! So exciting! And chaotic! I'm thrilled for you all and hope once you get moved, you'll have much more space to unpack and give the Boy room to try out his new ability to cruise :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm coming out of commenting hiatus to say...Eight days?! Wow. I know you've been waiting, but now it's all happening so fast. I'm so not surprised the kid is walking. I'm more surprised he waited a whole nine months :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh trouble! I knew when I logged in tonight I would read the boy was walking! He is one determined little guy! :)
    Quinn is close also, cruising like mad. Fall, pull back up, cruise, repeat.
    Congrats on the move, the new life, everything! I miss reading your blog. Hope to catch up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! He's ahead of the curve! For what it's worth, our "terrible twos" definitely started around 10 or 11 months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a little over-achiever :)I'm hoping that Iz will be satisfied with crawling for a while, but she tracked down a bucket (actually a trash can) and is now toddling just like the Boy. Who knows...
    MA is excited to have you, good luck with the move! (we do have Peets!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, very impressive! i thought our 1st was an early walker (at 10 months). and our littles are no where near walking at 9 months...

    very, very cute video! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. your crazy-advanced boy left my crazy-advanced boy in the dust!!! walking - amazing!

    i am so psyched for you guys for your move to noho. go to the roost and tell them gray's moms sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whaaaat?! Walking like a drunken sailor is amazing. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. or frankenstein! love it! good luck on your move this weekend. can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huzzah for the walking boy. Avellana says he is a very smart baby. :)
    Good luck packing...that is never fun.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.