Well, you see, I will be intermittently participating in the UNchallenge (thanks to Strawberry and Offering of Love!) But not today!
I already feel like time is slipping away. To put this in perspective, I want to share what we are dealing with these days:
1) Speedy’s impending unemployment, which was—surprise!—pre-empted by her DUAL-employment, when she TOTALLY FREAKED OUT (not that I blame her) about the looming joblessness and went out and got a new job at 4 a.m. that started, like, the next day. While she still had job #1 and all….
2) The Endless Open House. OMG, this is NOT the time to sell, folks. Did I not learn this lesson last year??? The EOH means that we have to keep our place freaking spit-shined every minute of every day, especially on the weekends. No small feat when we have three dogs (Oh, Ozzie….) and four cats, and, oh yeah, the boy. And when Speedy is working all the time (see #1).
3) My freelance bonanza. Don’t get excited, unless you want to be writing direct mail to the 75-year-old conservative-leaning demographic who cannot get enough of keywords like “patriot”, “hero”, and “values”. But they pay. And more importantly, they pay ME. I have to admit I get a kick out of the fact that I—me! Little ol’ Bkln lesbian, who is sitting, most likely, in a nursing bra and underwear—am writing this stuff. I do have my limits, however, and declined a gig writing for the RNC.
4) House hunting. Mostly in theory, and on the internets in previously described attire. But still, time-consuming, and emotionally draining.
5) The boy, the boy, the boy. Did I mention the boy? And oh, how we adore him. But law, what a load of work he is! The cooing, the fawning. The endless adoring. It can really put a f'in' crimp in your day, lemme tell you.
I hate that I have so fallen down on blogging. How typical! Have a kid and disappear… I will come back. Now that the Stupid Work Conference is behind us and we are slowly, slowly getting our shit together, I will come back. First, I hope, with a video of the boy and some seltzer water. I want to get on that brilliant suggestion, stat!
Oh, btw... This pumping 3x a day is totally working. (see that big area with no data points? That was when things all went to shit and I couldn't even remember to write anything down.)

Damn. I need a nap after just reading your post, never mind living it. The apartment stuff sounds like a nightmare. Good thing that boy and those animals are cute, to make up for some of it :-)
ReplyDeleteI agree, busy busy! Good luck with everything. Scary about the job situation :(
ReplyDelete