Day 1: A picture of where you blog.
This is it, folks. Note the shadowy thing to my left is the Pack n Play, and the flowers and black thing in the right fore are actually on a coffee table. This is our living room. The black thing is the breast pump bag and you can just see two fresh bottles that I didn't quite frame out of the photo. This may be one of the only photos of a room that I have ever posted without an animal making a cameo in the background. Not seen is Oyster, snoozing in the Pack n Play.
Day 2: High school.
Puffer's experience most closely resembles mine. Except chubby. I was anorexic (to the point of hospitalization) in middle school, and in high school I continued my disordered eating, but by then it was socially acceptable-- desirable, even. Despite that, I was awkward and unpopular. I went to a private school and made friends with the theater crowd and the choir, even though I was decidedly lacking in both acting and singing talent. I also made friends with the drop-outs, pot-smokers and goth-style wiccans that hung out on the retail strip near my school to round out my social circle. I was a slut, sleeping with both inappropriate boys (older, smarmy) and my straight girlfriends. I went to prom with my gay gay gay boy BFF (on the right) and spent the night groping my straight straight straight girl BFF. *le sigh.*
Mary Gauthier said it best:
I hated High school, I prayed it would end.
The jocks and their girls, it was their world, I didn't fit in.
Mama said, "Baby, it's the best school that money can buy,
Hold your head up, be strong, c'mon Mary, try."
Day 3: Guilty pleasure:
Icanhascheezburger. How does it make me laugh every stinkin' time?

I thought the link was going to be your actual prom picture. Mine still makes me cringe - and then sigh with relief that it's over.
ReplyDeleteNice accent color wall! And that site makes me laugh, too. But I don't feel guilty about it at all!
ReplyDelete