You know how it is kind of annoying when people are all, "I don't know where the time goes, I can't believe s/he's already XX months old!" And you secretly think, "Dude, time is a constant. It's no freaking mystery." And then you look at the cute pictures and make a nice remark and go on with your day?
Well, DUDE, I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S ALREADY SIX MONTHS! WHERE DOES THE FREAKING TIME GO???? The boy is amazing. I can hardly get over it. He has two teeth, can get from lying to sitting, from sitting to crawling and from crawling to just about anywhere. He's still a little bald pinhead, but long and lean-- 27.5 inches and 16.5 lbs.-- with luscious green-grey eyes and a smile that he makes you work for. But when he smiles the whole world lights up, especially if he crinkles his nose. He is eating everything we put before him: grilled salmon, fruit salad, broccoli, pasta, even baguette.
He still nurses all night long, so I have got to find a way to change that if I ever want to be fertile again for Speetus 2.0. He has outgrown his corner crib now that he can go from lying to sitting to standing in 6 seconds, and threatens to topple over the rail reaching after a cat or a fallen toy. I think he may have spent a total of 2 hours in it actually sleeping if you add up all the 15-minute naps he's taken there for the last six months. It's super cute, though and I hope to pass it on to someone who will make better use of it....
Because....that is one of the things we're gonna have to get rid of for the move!!
We are thisclose to being in contract, and we have every reason to believe that this deal will go through quickly and easily. So very soon-- within a couple of months-- we should be packing and moving our collective butts to Western Mass! It's not ideal-- we would have liked to get more money-- but we can't control the market and we suspect that things will get worse before they get better, so selling now seemed like the most prudent path. This will enable us to pay off all our personal debt, my goddamn student loans (I was on the $500 a month FOREVER plan) AND have a nice cushion for when we buy again (or to invest if we decide to rent for an indeterminant period while the market does its thing.) I have to convince my boss- once we are fully in contract-- that it would be great for him if I continued to work from a distance, maybe travelling in every couple of weeks. That way I could keep my salary and the family insurance, and Speedy could take care of the boy and take her time finding work in the area.
I can't tell you what a load off this is, and how excited I am at the prospect of living somewhere green and spacious, without this looming mountain of bills to pay each and every month.
Now this is what you have been waiting for. It is from May 8, and I think it was one of the last official baby pictures we got of him. Now he looks like a toddler. I am obviously very behind in updating photos on my computer, but I love this one.

He's adorable!! Congrats and fingers crossed on the sale and move. Hurray for green space!!
ReplyDeleteoh my, chhhhanaanges...congrats on all fronts! when you figure out how to ween off the night nursing let us know, we have quickly fallen into the once-you-wake-up-at-1am-nurse-all-night routine. Sadly, i dont do it as graciously as it keeps me awake! anyways, super excited that you guys will be in MA! Welcome!
ReplyDeleteTime is crazy fast once you become a parent. It is true and I say it every month!
ReplyDeleteif time is a constant, then how come it is friday again already? also: how is it only friday?
ReplyDeletethe young master remains adorable.
He is so beautiful... and I'm happy to hear there are so many great changes in your midst!
ReplyDeleteWhoa my goodness! He's huge! And so very adorable!
ReplyDeleteI hope everything goes well for the move :)
You two sure make a cute kid! I cannot BELIEVE how fast he is growing and he's not even mine, so I so understand the shock. Your move sounds fantastic! I hope it goes fast and you find a situation that works for everyone and makes you all happy.
ReplyDeletecongrats on the sale and good luck with the move.
ReplyDeletethe boy is huge and super cute. really, 6 months seems pretty unbelievable.
Hooray on the sale and move--can't wait to hear about your new adventures in the BEST STATE IN THE COUNTRY! (Are you on FB? If you are, look me up!)
ReplyDeleteOf course you can't believe where the time goes. 6 months in our boring, adult, 30-something lives isn't much but watching a baby grow from birth to 6 months is like watching time permanently stuck on warp speed! We're hitting 5 months on Tuesday and I can hardly believe it!
Sounds like Speetus is a mover and a shaker. Our Tiny is like that too, already trying to army crawl around. Surely it can't be time to baby proof already can it???
looking forward to having you in MA! congrats on the offer - what a nice surprise in this market! the boy is just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, how did I miss this post? Speetus is really a fast mover, learner and eater!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the photo!
And I am both ecstatically happy for your move and an eensy bit green with envy! What a brilliant plan! So great to get out from under all that debt and bills! And to be living somewhere beautiful and green. I don't really know what's in Western Mass or where it is but it sounds cool! And if it gets T Bean's vote it's definitely cool!
Good luck with getting your boss on board with the long distance plan! I really hope it works out!
And the good thing about someone moving in URL life and IRLife is that you'll still be on your blog, where we all know and love you!
Yay!!
Hooray for move progress! This is so exciting.
ReplyDelete