In one week, I will be Ghana-Bound.
In two weeks, I will be in some sweaty jungle chasing monkeys.
In three weeks and three days (if AF behaves) I will start my injections for TTC cycle #1.
I say that with a fresh excitement that may make some veteran ttc-ers want to kill me for my optimism (guarded though it may be).
I say that with the full knowledge that it may well be followed quickly by #1 of a heart-breaking stream of BFNs.
I say that having lurked long enough in these regions to be slightly terrified of everything that lies between then and the (hoped for but never, ever guaranteed) BFP.
And... I say that flush with happiness for my cycle buddy, CB, who is also new to ttc, but a long time veteran of pre-ttc, the incorrigible blog-lurker (blurker?) that I am blessed to know IRL. I'm lookin' at you, CB!
Hooray to ttc cycle #1!
You're going to have such a great time in Ghana, it will be here before you know it.
ReplyDeleteNow...just avoid those stalkers and you'll be fine:)
"In three weeks and three days (if AF behaves) I will start my injections for TTC cycle #1."
ReplyDeleteShe will,she will!!!!!
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteWhat injectibles are you using? I have some left over (lucky) Follistim that you are welcome to. I believe you're friendly with Puffer. Will you be at her shower tomorrow? If so grab me then and we can talk more.
Good luck with the 3WW.
XO,
Jackie
Hi Jackie-
ReplyDeleteThanks! I actually don't know what injectibles I will be using, but I will try to find out before I go.
I wish I was able to say I will definitely go to Puffer's shower tomorrow, but I am going to be running around in prep for my trip. IF I can carve out some time in the day I will come for sure.
Excitingness abounds!
ReplyDeletethe trip sounds *wonderful* - enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip!
ReplyDeleteMay your TTC journey be short and fruitful. Or however long it needs to be and still fruitful. I hope you know what I mean. Good luck!
Wow!! I can't believe that your almost ready to get this all started!!!
ReplyDeleteStay positive!! No matter what happens. Don't let anything get you down!
Your trip sounds like the adventure of a lifetime!
ReplyDeleteI have a vial of menopur left over.
If it is part of your protocol, I will happily drop it in the mail.
Thanks Meredith- I called my RE and will hopefully find out what the protocol is on Monday. I will definitely let you know. Thanks so much for the offer!
ReplyDeleteHow thrilling is your life right now. Have a great time in Ghana, and good luck with the trigger and TTC #1, I can't wait to hear about what happens!
ReplyDeleteWow how exciting!!!! Yippee!!! Be excited and full of hope -there's enough jadedness out here!
ReplyDeleteI am intrigued about your trip to Ghana. What exactly will you be doing? Are you starting stims in Ghana or will you be home by then?
Have a wonderful exciting but safe trip! Take lots of pics for us homebodies!!!!
Just want to add myself onto your list of drug pushers. If it happens to be gonal-f that you need, I can hook you up.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time in Ghana, I hope to see lots of pictures posted when you get back.
Keep up the optimism, no matter what the cranky veterans might think. Tons of people get it on the first try- I hope you can be one of them!
You all rock! Thanks so much for the encouragement. I will find out my protocol and let you know! Thank you!!!
ReplyDeletewow! what an exciting three weeks! i am wishing you all the best
ReplyDeleteHi, gosh hasn't this trip to Ghana come around quickly?! I'm also ken to hear what you're doing in Ghana. Maybe I messed that post, but I keep seeing you post about going there but not what you're up to.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to know that it might not work out first go (and lurking in blogland for long enough helps with that!) but I think it's important to balance htat with a lot of hope and optimism. That's what's geting me through my TWWs.
You could be one of those couples who succeeds early, you never know...
Good luck good luck good luck!
ReplyDeleteWho knows how quickly or slowly it might happen - wishing it is quickly, but also wishing you patience if it happens slowly.
Hurray to cycle #1 indeed! And thanks for the shout-out, cycle buddy. I'll give you all the dirt on what happened in my hoo-hah when you get back.
ReplyDeleteRe-reading that, I'd like you to know that my hoo-hah isn't at all dirty.