Sunday, September 18, 2011

Progress

I had my last day at my job.

Speedy found a new job.  Part-time, but with my freelance, it's enough to float us.

And we have an address in Northampton.  A sweet little farmhouse that I have not seen, about a five minute walk to cappuccino (Speedy's benchmark of civilization) and a five minute walk to a nature/wetland preserve (my benchmark of quality of life).  Speedy assures me that that it is big enough for the three...(er, ten)... of us (three humans, three dogs, four cats).

This is actually happening!!

Oh, and this: The Boy has decided that walking with the assistance of a five-gallon bucket is the most efficient mode of transportation. Oh my goodness, please mute this so you don't have to listen to our inane commentary!

15 comments:

  1. OMG, gorgeous!
    Love yours and Speedy's benchmarks and that you have met them!
    Just a wee bit jealous, bu mostly ecstatic for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the new address! sounds idyllic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats! When is the big move? And who is the landlord that said yes to 7 pets????

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps: loved the video--what a mobile almost 9-month old you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! and what a perfect time of year to move here. so happy for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I used to live there! Not in the farmhouse, but in NH. Lovely.
    So glad it's working out. But so sad, I couldn't meet up with you yet again.
    How is he walking about already??!! Man, that kid is on the move early. He's not going to give you a break, is he?!
    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray!! So excited for you three (er, ten)!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. who needs a stinkin' walker, indeed. (you didn't really think i'd mute, did you?)

    i need farmhouse pictures, stat. how else will we know how to descend upon you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and good luck! Jonas is all ready to pack his stuff in his bucket ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOh, so exciting for the progress! Where's this Noho house? Get ready for visitors! We plan to be in the valley next May (if the baby wants to travel). :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing makes me want to listen to something more than having someone tell me not to! Your boy is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. You're in for it, mind you, with a kiddo this advanced in every way ;), and I wish you good luck, but dang he's cute.

    Your future home sounds delightful! So jealous. I dream of living somewhere gay friendly. I love where we live, but the politics will drag you down sometimes. Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome news!!
    I am so glad you found a place that works for all of you. I imagine that packing that bucket will have high priority. (That is pretty resourceful of Jonas...it even gives him a way to take toys with him which is always a problem when you are cruising but not walking with free hands yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous news! Congratulations. It all sounds really, really lovely. And the video--too adorable. I love a boy with a bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to MA! That video couldnt be more adorable! What a smart cookie, the walker only complicates things!! Let us know if you are headed into "the city" anytime soon and we can have a meet-up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is wonderful news about your move--I think I still have an e-mail address you surreptitiously dropped me once when i threatened to leave blogland that i will use to hunt you down, er, welcome you to the valley and arrange for a playdate in one of our fav towns around. and, jeesh---we can't keep max off stairs but if he starts walking around like that, we're really toast!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.