I know there are divided opinions on this in blog world, but I see nothing but the positive side in introducing the boy to others that share the same donor. The more the merrier! I do not think tha the boy will be confused about who his "real"* family is-- Speedy, me and the rest of our entourage-- and by knowing others in the same situation, I hope he will 1) have a network of acquaintances or even buddies his own age who will be able to discuss the donor thing with, and 2) see his situation as not uncommon, normal even.
Anyway, I think you can see her name embedded in the photo file name. How cute is that??
* edited as per Strawberry's comment below-- in the original version, it was easy to read "real" as "bio" which was exactly not what I intended. Yikes.

I love this - I truly hope our donor has some other babies out there someday. Right now ours is the only one on the registry.
ReplyDeleteSO cute!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeletecuuuuuute! i can't wait until you live around here and jonas and max can sit down like little buddies! they are both adorbs.
ReplyDeleteCute name. Cute babies!
ReplyDeleteWow. That is just too adorable. How fun!
ReplyDeleteI fully support it if that's your choice, but seeing the word "real" even in quotes is kind of like being stabbed in the eye.
ReplyDeleteStrawberry, holy cr@p-- I meant that in the COMPLETE OPPOSITE way I think you read it. I meant real, as in me & Speedy, his true family. I put it in quotes because I don't like the way the word is generally used! I obviously have to edit. :(
ReplyDeleteThanks again for clearing that up :) I figured you didn't mean any harm, it just came across differently to me than intended. All good now.
ReplyDeleteToo cute. We had quite the community participation on my blog in the near past on this very subject and I honestly think each family is different and different things work. I think that is great if you want to have a relationship with the dibs, but we have struggled with this issue for our family. And, for what it's worth, I didn't take any negatives from your wording of "real" and I think most people understand what you mean. His real family is his moms, not dibs and their parents.
ReplyDeleteSo awesome :)
ReplyDeleteSo awesome :)
ReplyDeleteadorable!!! she's too cute, too!
ReplyDeletethis is a question we revisit from time to time. we're not sure what to do about it. on the one hand, the more the merrier and since we only plan on the one zunzun, why shouldn't he have access to those dibs? on the other, truthfully, i'm worried we won't like the other parents and then we'll be stuck having to have a relationship with them anyway...