Fertility Drugs (oral and injectible): Covered 100%
Comprehensive Infertility Services (Coverage includes Artificial Insemination and Ovulation Induction): Covered 100%
NO coverage for IVF, but I am not there yet. For now, we celebrate.
PS. Who says "artifical insemination" any more? Anyone? It makes me think of dairy cows and thoroughbred horses.
I have loved Aetna's fertility coverage. I almost feel guilty, seeing how much others have to go out of pocket. Only having to worry about the costs of sp.erm procurement/shipping/storage/prep eased my mind and allowed me to keep going.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got good insurance news! May you hear more beautiful words soon, like "great response" and "excellent follicle" and "good lining" and the all-important "congratulations."
Woohoo! I am also Aetna and they covered a ton of my expenses, including the bulk of a round of IVF and an FET within the last year. Here's hoping you find the same!
ReplyDeleteExcellent news! I hope it's the last insurance headache you have to deal with b/c it sounds like that was EASY! Now let's get this baby-party started!
ReplyDeleteYour insurance is awesome!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how we can love and hate our insurance companies. Mine is the A word too and covers mostly everything after I was deemed infertile ( didn't take long!).
ReplyDeleteAetna does not cover home births at all - they are enlightened in one way and not in another, but I will take the hospital birth if they are paying!
It also helps to live in a state that mandates IF insurance too!
Yippee for you - beautiful words indeed!
Fabulous! I like 100%!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's great that you get 100%coverage! Fingers crossed that you never get to the point where you have to worry about their lack of IVF coverage. Do they make you meet an infertility requirement first, or do you have coverage automatically?
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet comments, everyone!
ReplyDeleteTireegal- NY State mandates midwife coverage. I don't know if that extends to homebirth, but I am going to investigate. Thanks for the heads-up!
While I recognize that there are factors I won't be able to control, I have spent enough time in my life in hospitals to know that they make me extremely ornery and I am a terrible patient, so that is NOT the experience I would prefer. But I am going to have to take it as it comes, and first thing is to get a bfp!
Yahoo! Kudos on the great insurance news. What a relief and pleasant surprise. Great way to start this whole crazy debacle!
ReplyDelete