Thursday, November 17, 2011

A brief update and an apology

So it's nablopomo and I have been silent. I have been reading along but because my computer bit it when we moved, it has been hard for me to comment consistently. I am sorry about that. The good news is that I finally bought a new laptop which should be ready any day now. (I am typing this on my iPhone.) Not only that, but we may have found a daycare, thus relieving me of 24/7 childcare duties. And we seem to be within reach of a new car (one that does not flood inside every time it rains). AND we are in contract on a new house ... So if all goes well we will move in by the new year.
Or, actually, Speedy will move in while the boy and I stay with my parents in VT until the kitchen renovations are complete. (And I swore I never wanted to renovate again!)
Some day I may even get to work again if the daycare works out. We take the tour tomorrow.
But as of now, all these hopeful developments are still just shimmering on the horizon, oases or mirages, it is impossible to say. At the moment we are still living out of boxes, and showering every other day because of the disgusting bathroom and lack of towels. (They are in a box somewhere in the filthy mold-infested basement.) The boy is running (no that's not an exaggeration!) around in circles, frustrated by the constraints we pit on him to keep him away from the lead hazards. (Are we too paranoid? I feel bad that he doesn't have more freedom, but I am terrified of the possibility of him consuming lead.)
We are just getting by, trying not to focus on the obvious miseries of the present... Six more weeks, knock on wood....

5 comments:

  1. Oy. That...is a whole lot to take on. I really hope things start to happen for you gals so you can start settling in to a real home!

    It may be overkill or it may not. But I wouldn't want my kid to ingest lead either!

    Hopefully these 6 weeks will fly by in the best way possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reaction to the risk of lead would be the same...and I'm sure he's running in circles due his age more than his confinment. At that age Sadie was restricted to a much smaller area of the house and now that we've opened the area up she is even more bonkers. lol
    I'm so happy to hear you've found a place. FX. Also be thankful you only leased and didn't buy the one you're in now!! That would have been a bigger problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like there are really good things ahead (and now) ;)

    knock, knock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you in contract to buy or rent? Was scrolling down thru other posts and saw the three not-so-good choices (crackhouse). Anyway, I'm happy to hear that things are getting better. And now I bet you're glad you never unpacked. :)

    Oh, and I can't believe the Boy is running around already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope the rest of those 6 weeks pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.