Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This is it

I am the first to admit that I am a little bit of a Type-A. Not at work, of course. But in my personal life: what am I making for the party next month? Where shall we go for gf's birthday (in March)? Am I going to walk the dogs before I move the car tomorrow night, or would it make more sense to move the car first?

Actually, the first time I thought about doing a blog was because I was planning my labor and I started thinking about how gf could write that heart-breakingly, so-amazingly-in-love, super-sweet, ain't-my-lover-amazing, tears-to-the-eyes, goose-bump-raising, OMG-we're-having-a-baby-right-this-very-instant post, like the ones I have been reading here and here. And I got all teary and thought, yes: I must start a blog today.

Of course, I didn't that day or the next. But the point is, I thought about it.

I like to think that planning is kinda my superpower. GF calls it a disorder.

So I should make it clear that I am not even planning on getting any swimmers anywhere close to my ladyparts until next summer, at least. But I have a timetable. And I have a plan.

In keeping with my "disorder", last month I met with the RE, had my bloodwork done (FSH: 9.2; estrogen, 31; LH, 2.8), filled the scrip for pre-natal vits and folic acid and started keeping track of my periods (after having successfully avoided doing so for more than 20 years). Next month I get an HSG and interview a midwife alternative to the RE (she'll do the whole fertility consultation and IUIs at my apartment if I want her to!)

Then I can start temp-charting and ov-predicting and all that good stuff. What am I missing? Should I be doing something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.