Monday, March 5, 2012

Hello from up here

So Blogger continues to stymie my commenters, and I am not sure why, but I am contemplating a move to Wordpress. Any advice on migrating would be much appreciated.

In the meantime, I am headed back to VT (where I spent the last week) with The Boy and my dogs (the two large, well-behaved ones come with me, leaving Speedy's small ill-behaved rat terrier in MA to keep Speedy company) while kitchen renovation Phase Two is underway (the no-plumbing edition).

The Boy loves VT, where there are llamas to watch and a horse to feed, and lots of snowy fields to stomp around in. He brings me his boots multiple times a day, signifying his desire to feed the horse by signing "more" and pointing out the only window that gives him a view of the paddock. I am trying to teach him the signs for llama and horse, but without much luck so far. The days are an endless loop of feeding the Boy, feeding the horse, watching the llamas, and the increasingly elusive nap.

Unfortunately, this means no daycare and precious little time for me to do work or, hell, to shower. Last time I was up for four days and I showered once. And, no-- I am not usually that filthy.

But even this is preferable to the state of things in MA, where the kitchen has been completely torn out (before and after photos will come) and in its place are just boxes of cabinets waiting to be installed. Washing dishes in the bathroom really sucks. Having no stove really sucks. Having no countertop on which to prepare the minimal food that we have (PB&J) really sucks...but I recognize that renovation drama is merely middle class moaning and really, if that's the biggest problem we have (it is, currently) we're doing much better that fine. It's just getting through the next two weeks, and I can do that. Then we will have a beautiful, fresh new home with a functional kitchen, freshly painted walls, refinished floors and lots of lovely rich colors that will make us happy to come home to.

4 comments:

  1. Vermont sounds lovely (albeit cold) but I can tell it's trying as well. We are in the planning phases of a full kitchen reno and I'm not looking forward to the actual construction phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to VT! Sorry to hear it's not an easy time for you.

    Nutella- It's actually not been that cold here lately (40's, 50's and even 60's), although I'm not sure what part of the state Schroe is visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richmond-- near Burlington. And it was 60 here yesterday! But there was snow when I first got here.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.