Notes from Night 2 in the crib:
7:06 p.m.-- down, cried intermittently for 2 minutes
7:16 p.m.-- checked: sitting down in crib. Saw me and I gave him paci. Cried for another minute
7:23 p.m.-- asleep? [edited at 8 p.m. to add, "yup."]
Night 3 (so far, at 8:24):
7:35 p.m.-- down, with one rebel yell and intermittent squawks for about 2 minutes.
I checked on him a couple of minutes ago and he's fast asleep, butt in the air.
Last night he woke at about 1 and 4, crying each time for a couple of minutes before going back to sleep...but that was all. Today he slept until 6. Tomorrow we're hoping for 7!
I think the magic is in the timing: we waited until we were all ready for the transition. I loved sleeping with him while we did. There is nothing more delicious than a sleeping baby wrapped around you. But when the nights became an endless turf war over my pink parts, it was clear that we had to make changes. So far, so good.
yay for everything going so well! That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteomg. i am so excited to read this. maybe there's hope...
ReplyDelete(glamcookie is also night weaning right now and is scaring the shit out of me.)
Woohoo! Great work, Mama! Pomegranate, check out my post today. It is actually (finally) improving! You can do it!
ReplyDeletesounds like a relatively smooth transition! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I finally stopped nursing him when he woke up crying during the night, Max stayed asleep--sort of. Then we had to contend with early waking and morning nursing--which I then cut out completely. It was a rough week or so, but now he nurses at night before going down, and not usually again until late the next afternoon or maybe not even until the next evening, and he sleeps through the night. what a difference, right? congrats on the transition!
ReplyDeleteI agree that it really is all about everybody being ready! Same thing happened in our house and it wasn't as bad as we thought!
ReplyDelete