So Speedy's got three months' worth of photos on her camera waiting to be downloaded, but here's a photo my mom took over Christmas with an uncharacteristic smile....
He is such a joy lately. His comprhension is amazing. He understands novel requests without gestures: "Get me a block;" "Can you kiss the kitty?" "Bring me your book." He says words that only a mommy can understand: Kitty, Book, Go, Down, That... (which sound like Didi, Gub, Doh, Dow, and Dat) and mimics things we aren't even aware of him observing: hand him a brush and he'll brush his hair; hand him a phone and he'll dial it and put it to his ear. He'll "blow" his nose if you give him a tissue (He holds the tissue to his nose and makes blowing noises with his mouth.) Aside from the river of snot that has poured forth unabated from his nostrils for more than a month (thank you daycare) he is sheer unadulterated joy.

i LOVE this photo! can't wait to see him in person again!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHi! Been meaning to comment. I can't believe how big he is! So not a little baby any more. I'm SO glad you guys have a new place and are out of that hell hole. I don't know how you got through it, but thankfully you did. You're definitely due some better times in 2012.
ReplyDeleteOh, the cuteness. I can't believe how much a of a kid he's become!
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable! I can't believe how he just keeps getting cuter-- and smarter, too!
ReplyDeleteYay. Talking - oh my! He's so big now!
ReplyDeletehe's so gorgeous!
ReplyDelete